Problems with Workbench Debugger Breakpoints

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111066] Problems with Workbench Debugger Breakpoints
  • From: Nate Dudenhoeffer <ndudenhoeffer at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 02:09:05 -0400 (EDT)

I have several packages for which the breakpoints do not seem to work in the
Wolfram Workbench debugger.  When I copy the content to a new package it
works as expected.  I don't have a lot of experience using the debugger, but
I have played with it on and off for a few months, and haven't seen this
issue before.

Is there some setting that I have missed?  Or are my packages somehow
getting corrupted?  It doesn't seem like there's a whole lot in the forum
about Workbench, has anyone else seen similar issues?

I think I have traced the issue to a package that has some of my basic
functions in it.  I am debugging some code in an upper level package with
calls three other packages.  One of the three is also called within each of
the other two, and I believe the issue is in this one.  The private
functions within that package don't seem to work unless it is called
explicitly by at the top level.  I am still learning how some of the
relationships work between packages, so please feel free to shed some light
here if you would like.

Thanks in advance,
Nate