Brillouin function for a Ferromagnet

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111112] Brillouin function for a Ferromagnet
  • From: Frank <fstromberg at gmx.de>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 07:55:32 -0400 (EDT)

First I have to apologize if this is too basic for this forum... I have some temperature dependent magnetization data from a FeNi-alloy. The measurement was done from RT up to the Curie temperature T_c of the alloy. I want to compare my data to a Brillouin function with different angular momenta J. Basically I have to solve

M/M_0=B_J[(T_c/T)(M/M_0)],
with
B_J=(2J+1/J)coth[(2J+1/2J)x]-(1/2J)coth[x/2J],
where
M_0 is the saturation magnetization

How do I basically solve this and in parallel fit it to my data? In principle I want to obtain M_0 and T_c. My data consists of M(T).

Thank you for your interest and answers,
Frank