Re: A Question About Directive [off-topic]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111311] Re: A Question About Directive [off-topic]
  • From: telefunkenvf14 <rgorka at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 04:17:15 -0400 (EDT)

> In APL, lots of folks did, and may still do, try to write "one-liners"
> and use cryptic names for variables and functions.

This reminds me of a link I know I have saved somewhere... ah, found
it!

An essay by Roedy Green on how to write unreadable and difficult to
maintain code. Hilariously tongue in cheek way to learn what NOT to
do. Scroll down and start with 'General Principles'. Use the -> button
at the bottom of each page to navigate the essay (the page design is a
bit messy!). You will laugh. I promise.

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/unmain.html

-RG