- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg111306] Parallel search?
- From: "S. B. Gray" <stevebg at ROADRUNNER.COM>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 04:16:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: stevebg at ROADRUNNER.COM
I am running a search through a large parameter space for a rare or nonexistent object - I don't know which. This search could take weeks or months of constant running. If it doesn't find the object I would just keep it running until it seemed hopeless. Given several processors I could assign each one a different part of the search. They would not have to communicate with each other. If I had a multiple processor system, could Mathematica assign parts of the search to different processors? Would it do this automatically if I just started two copies of Mathematica and gave each one a different part? Thanks for any info. Steve Gray