Re: TeXForm in 7.0.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111370] Re: TeXForm in 7.0.0
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 06:43:30 -0400 (EDT)

On 7/28/10 at 2:52 AM, tmatsoukas at me.com (Themis Matsoukas) wrote:

>Apparently, when there are consecutive TeXform commands on the same
>cell separated by carriage return, only the last one produces an
>output. This does not happen with TraditionalForm. I seem to
>remember that in previous versions of mathematica this was not the
>case (I am on 7.0.0, Mac version). Is this a known bug?

>TeXForm[a + b]
>TeXForm[a/b]
>TeXForm[a - b]

>a-b

Whether the inconsistency between the output obtained above with
TeXForm and the output obtained when TraditionalForm is used in
the same manner should be considered a bug or not, I'll leave to
others. It does seem to me a more convenient way to getting a
series of TeXForm outputs would be:

In[2]:= TeXForm /@ {a - b, a/b, a + b}

Out[2]= {a-b,\frac{a}{b},a+b}

which clearly does what it should. I see this as more convenient
since it takes several fewer keystrokes to get the desired output.