Export

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110128] Export
  • From: Clint <clint.zeringue at kirtland.af.mil>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 05:38:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

How can I accomplish the following:

mylist = {1,2,3,4};

I would like to "export" my list to a data file so that inside the data file it would look like:

1,2,3,4 on the first line...

I then need to be able to read this back in using import..

I also need the ability to "Append" to this data file another line of data (ie mylist2 = {2,4,6,8})

I would like to "write" this second line of data to the same file so that the new file would look like:

1,2,3,4 on first line...
2,4,6,8 on second line... etc..

Then also how can I access a specific line of data?

Thanks for the guidance.

-Clint