Re: Big memory needed
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg110148] Re: Big memory needed
- From: Stan Bischof <stan at newserve.worldbadminton.com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 08:01:55 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Arturas Acus <Arturas.Acus at tfai.vu.lt> wrote: > At the moment the task uses 28Gb of memory and runs on full speed. > If it will not finish, I will kill it tomorow with no further answer. We > have 128Gb of memory, but there are other tasks runnnig. Anyway this > means, that the rezult obtained will be useless. > > 23 hours in here and the process is at 33GB. At this point the excercise is purely academic- even if it eventually finishes this is clearly busted. This would be a good one to feed back to Wolfram. Stan PS- too bad the kernel is single-threaded or this would run much faster!