Re: DynamicModule and FileNameSetter problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110203] Re: DynamicModule and FileNameSetter problem
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 07:07:10 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, I can reproduce the problem, and it's a bug (specifically with
FileNameSetter...it doesn't have anything to do with DynamicModule).  Somewhat
surprisingly, it seems that the bug had never been reported before.  I reported
the issue, and developed a workaround you can use.  It just requires that you
add an Initialization option a DynamicModule encapsulating FileNameSetter. Like
so:

DynamicModule[{dir}, {FileNameSetter[Dynamic[dir]],
  Button["Home", dir == "Specific Dir"], Dynamic[dir]},
 Initialization :> MakeBoxes[FileNameSetter[], StandardForm]]

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group