Re: Simplifying complicated expressions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110452] Re: Simplifying complicated expressions
  • From: Harrie Kraai <hakraai at xs4all.nl>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 07:47:08 -0400 (EDT)

I asked a similar question about a year ago,
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/msg/a95d4651a5634771

and got this as the best answer:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/msg/7cca617e1b4928c6

leading me to Experimental`OptimizeExpression

But, also look at
http://www.wolfram.com/technology/guide/CommonSubexpressionDetectionCollection/
perhaps Mathematica is doing something behind the scenes already.

Harrie