Re: Book?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110496] Re: Book?
  • From: Leonid Shifrin <lshifr at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 02:11:19 -0400 (EDT)

You may want to check out my book:

http://www.mathprogramming-intro.org

It's about the size you requested,  and I tried to explain the topics you
mentioned. Some people found it useful. Also, it is free. I briefly review
some other books devoted to general Mathematica here:

http://www.mathprogramming-intro.org/book/node67.html

All these books are  highly recommended. Most of them are somewhat dated,
but for the topics they cover (core langauge & system principles) this is
less important than for some other aspects of the system, since they did not
change as much.

There is also a recently published Mathematica Cookbook by Sal Mangano. I
did not have a chance to get a hold on  it yet. By looking at  the table of
contents and the free chapter, it looks pretty good.

Regards,
Leonid