- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg110526] Re: Book?
- From: "loughlin.jim at gmail.com" <loughlin.jim at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 01:53:10 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jun 20, 12:47 am, Olive <not0read0... at yopmail.com> wrote: > I am new to mathematica and I am looking at a book to learn > mathematica (in fact I have not yet mathematica but I am considering > purchasing a home license). I would say no more than 300-400 pages that > explain how the system works, basic of programming etc... Any thought? > > Olive I recommend getting Mathematica Navigator, 3d Edition by Heikki Ruskeep=E4=E4. It's available through Amazon.com. It covers notebooks, graphics, basics of programming, etc.