Re: auto-save in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107869] Re: auto-save in Mathematica
  • From: "fizzy" <fizzycist at knology.net>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 04:45:02 -0500 (EST)

Helen....thank you so much....after all these years I  became an expert at
click 'Window' then 'Show Toolbar'.. .....after I did what you said I opened a New Notebook....and there it was...the Toolbar....

It really hurts to lose such expertise but I'm sure my grief wont last long

thanks...jerry blimbaum

  On 2/27/2010 3:14 AM, fizzy wrote:
  > I prefer to click on Window and then Show Toolbar....I add this to every
  > saved Notebook...the Toolbar has a 'Save' icon...so , every so often I
  > can just put my cursor up there, click and the Notebook is saved....plus
  > it's easy to add the type of line I want next in the Notebook...i.e.
  > SubSection or Text, etc....

  You can set the Toolbar to be always on by doing the following:

  On the Mathematica menu, go to Format, Option Inspector. In the Option
  Inspector, pick Global Perferences in the Show Option Values dropdown.
  Open up Notebook Options on the left pane, then Display Options. Over on
  the right pane, select WindowToolbars and select EditBar from the dropdown.

  I'm also a big fan of the keyboard shortcut Ctl-S for save. It is second
  nature for me to hit Ctl-S every few minutes when working in Mathematica
  or just about any other application. I wish I could get my students to
  do it (I try, but some of them just won't save).

  --
  Helen Read
  University of Vermont