Re: Developing C code with Workbench

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107986] Re: [mg107944] Developing C code with Workbench
  • From: Patrick Scheibe <pscheibe at trm.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 05:30:49 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

yes, you can do it simply by installing the required eclipse plugins.
For C/C++ you use the eclipse CDT plugin:

- Open your workbench
- Go to "Help" -> "Install new software"
- Add a new location
"http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/galileo/";
- and install at least the CDT Main Features

Maybe you want Subversion support too, then you can use the same
approach or you click on "Help"-> "Install Workbench Extras"

This is it. Note that when you have Linux this approach maybe fails (at
least it failed here) since the Workbench semms not to be able to
install from online-sites. If this is the case you can download all
required plugins as zip-files and install them in the same way.

Cheers
Patrick