Mathematica function to calculate correlation coefficient?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108045] Mathematica function to calculate correlation coefficient?
  • From: Yun Zhao <yun.m.zhao at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 04:03:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi everyone,

  I solved a differential equation, and got a solution n(t).  Now I have
collected 8 data points at 8 different times.  I plotted the solution of
n(t), and the curve intersect the 8 data points quite well on a graph of
n(t) vs. t.  How do I use Mathematica 7.0 to calculate the correlation
coefficient R^2 value of how well the n(t) solution fit the data points?
Thank you very much.