Re: stand alone application using workbench

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108042] Re: stand alone application using workbench
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 04:03:17 -0500 (EST)

eric g wrote:
> Hello Guys,
> Is it possible to make a stand alone application using mathematica
> workbench?
> bests,
> Eric

I wonder what you mean by this. Do you mean an application that can be
run by Mathematica PlayerPro, (or Player), or do you mean an application
that is free of Mathematica technology altogether - which is not possible!

It is also possible to create applications that use Mathematica in the
background - say with a Java frontend, or using XL as the frontend. You
still need Mathematica or PlaterPro on the machine however.

As far as I know, the workbench has no particular relevance to these
options - though it could, of course, be used to prepare the relevant files.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk