union table

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108120] union table
  • From: maria giovanna dainotti <mariagiovannadainotti at yahoo.it>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 06:18:25 -0500 (EST)

Dear Mathgroup,
I need to join two table in which one column should be the same. And if it is not the same at the same position I would like to find the way that Math can match the column when for example the tenth column of the first table should be the same of the forth column of the second table.

AI could do also with a do operation but the lenght of the table can be also different.

Is there a more general method to figure out this problem?
for example with union Union[{DataFitend},{DataFitLx}]
it returns all the table instead I would like to eliminate one column that it is the same.
how can i do?
Thanks a lot
Maria