Re: find index in an array

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108164] Re: find index in an array
  • From: Daniel Flatin <dflatin at rcn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 06:26:19 -0500 (EST)

I want to thank everyone who responded to my question. Though I have
been using Mathematica for years, I am still learning. I didn't really
understand the use of conditionals in patterns before. Clearly,

Position[a, x_/;(0.3 < x < 0.7)]

is far more elegant and general than my solution. That is exactly what
I was looking for. Also, I have no idea how my = got doubled in my
post. I copied as text from working code.

Thanks again.
Dan