Re: elementary questio about packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108294] Re: elementary questio about packages
  • From: Yves Klett <yves.klett at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 07:14:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

two solutions:

1)quick=C2=B4n dirty: In your package code, replace "z1" with "Global`z1"
etc. in situ. Quite prone to errors, oversights etc.

2) make your private variable known to the global context by adding a
usage comment before entering the private context, e.g.

z1::usage="z1 is used for blabla..."

This has the advantage that you can ask about z1 with Information[z1],
which returns said usage message. It also encourages proper
documentation on the package level.

As always, have a look at any number of published packages to learn how
it's done...

Regards,
Yves