Re: Video compression

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108357] Re: Video compression
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 00:05:23 -0500 (EST)

The vast majority of movie formats uses compression. So, if
Mathematica can import a given video format is most likely that it is
compressed.

The help for the Import/AVI format says: "Import supports the
following codecs: "YUV", "H261", "H263", "JPEG", "Uncompressed",
"Cinepak", "MotionJPEG". "

Looks like there are compressed video formats in there.

Cheers -- Sjoerd