Re: Butterworth filter

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108381] Re: Butterworth filter
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 05:03:21 -0500 (EST)

"Luigi B" <l.balzano at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:hnkfa8$po0$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Dear All,
> I have a table {{x,y}} of measured data with significant noise.
> I am not into signal processing and I would like to filter this table
> with a Butterworth type of filter.
> Does anyone have a suitable routine?  (That would allow changin the
> order of the filter as well, like the function 'butter' in another
> system).
>
> Thanks, Luigi

This is not much help to you now, but there used to be a Mathematica add-on
application called signals and systems which had this and more filters:

http://documents.wolfram.com/applications/signals/FilterAnalysisandDesign.html

Too bad this application is no longer available.

I have version 1.0 bought few years ago, which no longer works on version 7
of Mathematica (I get many error messages when I load it).

If you google more may be you'll find something. When all else fails, it
might be a good exercises to write one yourself.

--Nasser