Sorting Filenames into HTML Coding

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108538] Sorting Filenames into HTML Coding
  • From: BenT <brtubb at pdmusic.org>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 02:40:31 -0500 (EST)

I have a web page HTML coding problem which I'm trying to use Mathematica's
file and string functions to solve for me.

I've created a text file, in DOS of 695 file names which I've
"imported" (via the "Lines" option) and need to manipulate each into
HTML table data code like the following:

For example, given a file name of "Aaron Robarts Wolfe.pdf", I then
need to (while processing each filename such as with the For[]
function, loaded already into a 695 element array, convert it to the
following HTML code:

Robarts</td></tr>

The output coding of the names however must be sorted as if they were
in a Last, First Middle (if any) order which I'll cut/paste into the
"master" HTML documents for the web page concerned.

It would be very nice to include "letter" separators into the coding
(as opposed to me having to cut/paste each letter category into the
master docuement, The coding for each letter should be like this:

The "name" tags have already been defined in the master document.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!