Adding data to excel sheet (v7.0)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108669] Adding data to excel sheet (v7.0)
  • From: kristoph <kristophs.post at web.de>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 05:08:06 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

suppose I have a prepared Excel sheet which already contains numbers
and some writing. However, the sheet is not complete because I would
like to add some results from Mathematica.

How do I just add the results and not overwrite the whole file.

Example:
Suppose the prepared excel file contains in cell A1 the text
"results". Now I would like to export from my Mathematica file the
results of some calculations. Say the result is 100. How do I add the
result 100 to the existing file such that the resulting excel file has
still "results" written in cell A1 and now 100 in cell B1.

Thanks for answer.
Kris