Re: Mathematica starts badly 1 time over 5 in OSX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108693] Re: Mathematica starts badly 1 time over 5 in OSX
  • From: George Woodrow III <georgevw3 at mac.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 05:12:33 -0500 (EST)

NO.

There is an issue accessing the help system directly immediately after starting, but the app itself works fine, with no problems starting, opening and using notebooks, etc.

You may wish to start up holding down the option key to essentially 'reset' Mathematica. Failing this, you could drag the app and preferences folder(s) to the trash and re-install. If you dump the prefs file, you will need to re-enter the password.

george