Re: Mathematica starts badly 1 time over 5 in OSX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108689] Re: Mathematica starts badly 1 time over 5 in OSX
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 05:11:49 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 26, 6:35 am, Nicola Mingotti <n-no-mingo... at g-spam-mail.com>
wrote:
> Helo,
>
> I'm using Mathematica 7.0.1 for students in OSX 10.6.2
> and it works really nice ... when it starts.

I believe that this is a known bug.  Mathematica exhibits this
behavior typically after a system reboot in the current version of
OSX. If one reboots, and then starts Mathematica, there is no response
to a computation. If one quits that mathematica session and then
restarts Mathematica there is no problem -- and there generally is no
such problem again until one reboots OSX.

I assume that this is fixed in the next version of Mathematica...  I
am sure that john Fultz could comment.

--David