Re: Managing packages in the workbench

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108700] Re: Managing packages in the workbench
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 04:07:15 -0500 (EST)

H. Ke=DFler wrote:
> My primary problem is that I would like to create help pages of
> Mathematica packages stored in directories which are not at the top
> level of my private Mathematica Applications directory. The Workbench
> creates hyperlinked help pages for such packages which work inside the
> Workbench but not when exported to the corresponding subdirectory of
> the Mathematica Applications directory. I checked the example you
> provided on your homepage (http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk/
> m_documentation/m_documentation.html). But it seems that this example
> also deals with help pages for a package in a directory which is on
> the top level of the Mathematica Applications directory. If I am
> wrong, please correct me. But I would really appreciate if you can
> provide more details how to deal with packages in in deeper
> subdirectories of the Mathematica Applications directory, no matter of
> using the Workbench or some other approach.

Although I only tested the procedure described on my website on a
package structured in the standard way, I think you could generalise it
to some extent to deal with a non-standard setup (for example, the
indexing procedure uses complete path names), but there is no guarantee
that Mathematica will not make some assumptions that prevent this working=