Re: Running Mathematica code using DOS

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108720] Re: Running Mathematica code using DOS
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 05:21:46 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
if you want to run a program under the kernel without the frontend
interface, you would write your input into a  *.m file.
If you want to shutdown mma after the commands are executed, you end
your file with: Quit[]
To launch the Kernel and execute your commands:
...\MathKernel -noprompt -inputfile FileName
If the kernel is not on the Path, you need to give the full name,
enclosing it in quotes if it contains spaces. The same may apply the
input file name.
Daniel

--

Daniel Huber