Re: how to place circles or starts in (along) the curves

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108736] Re: [mg108728] how to place circles or starts in (along) the curves
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 06:58:20 -0500 (EST)

data = Transpose[Table[
    {{x, Sin[x^2]}, {x, Cos[x^2]}},
    {x, 0, 3., .25}]];

Show[
 Plot[
  {Sin[x^2], Cos[x^2]},
  {x, 0, 3}],
 ListPlot[data,
  PlotMarkers ->
   {Automatic, Medium}]]

Show[
 Plot[
  {Sin[x^2], Cos[x^2]},
  {x, 0, 3}],
 ListPlot[data,
  PlotMarkers ->
   {{"\[Bullet]", 18}, {"*", 18}}]]

Bob Hanlon

---- Haibo Min <haibo.min at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Hi, there. I want to place circles, starts, triangle etc. in
different curves within a grpah to distinguish them from each other. How to
do it? I have read all the help document on Plot, but still have no idea.

For example, the following codes only automatically distinguish the Sin^2
and Cos^2 by different colors,

Plot[{Sin[x^2], Cos[x^2]}, {x, 0, 3}]

If I want to place circles along the Sin^2 curve, and stars along the Cos^2
one, how to?

Thank you!