FrontEnd and bash automatization

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109578] FrontEnd and bash automatization
  • From: Arturas Acus <acus at itpa.lt>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 04:51:32 -0400 (EDT)

Dear group,

I have a large collection of notebooks I want to run in Mathematica FrontEnd authomatically.

math < in > out solution is not applicable, because Notebooks contains commands like NotebookCreate[], etc..

I tried JLink solution,  something like
Needs["JLink`"]; $FrontEndLaunchCommand="mathematica -matlink -display :1 -nogui"; ConnectToFrontEnd[]
Unfortunatelly, thought I can use commands like Plot*, it do not allow open notebooks in the connected FrontEnd.

The only way I found  to execute notebook in Mathematica FrontEnd authomatically is to set all notebook cells as initialization cells, then
set the following options in the init.m file

AutoOpenNotebooks->{"/home/acus/test.nb"},
InitializationCellEvaluation->True,
InitializationCellWarning->False

But this solution has drawback is that I have to execute different notebooks. Probably it could be solved creating some master notebook, which
consequently opens and executes other notebooks.

But may be somebody could suggest better way? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
--
Arturas Acus <arturas.acus at tfai.vu.lt>