Re: How to write reports and books in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109633] Re: How to write reports and books in Mathematica
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 07:49:47 -0400 (EDT)

""Per Rønne"" <per at RQNNE.invalid> wrote in message
news:hs3gm3$s0s$1 at smc.vnet.net...

>I am the not quote happy owner of Mathematica Teacher's Edition
>  But nowhere in this documentation do I see how to
> enter ordinary text or chapter titles in a Mathematica notebook.

I never used "teacher edition" of Mathematica. It does not allow you to
select a different styles and ability to insert text cells?

On standard Mathematica, you can use a style sheet such as report or book,
change the cell style to title, then you can add a text cell to enter text.

If it will help, here is a small movie just made to show you, AVI file, in
this folder (12 MB)

http://12000.org/tmp/text_cell_5_8_2010/

hth

--Nasser