Re: How to Explain This Behavior of Simple Procedures?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg109669] Re: How to Explain This Behavior of Simple Procedures?
- From: James Stein <mathgroup at stein.org>
- Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 06:27:38 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Leonid: Thank you for your careful explanation; very helpful. I was mystified by the error message, which seemed to complain that a symbol was not a symbol! But now, it makes perfect sense! Richard: In my actual situation (not the simple case I described), the function in question was already returning a list of values; which is why my misguided idea occurred to me. Thanks for your sugestion.