Re: Announce: O'Reilly Mathematica Cookbook Published

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109684] Re: Announce: O'Reilly Mathematica Cookbook Published
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 07:31:48 -0400 (EDT)

I just received this book and it looks quite useful.

Note that, so far as I can tell, if you want the e-book version (alone
or with the printed version), then you need to order it directly from
O'Reilly -- the first link in the O.P. below.

At O'Reilly, at least if register an account there, and buy at least the
e-book version, you have access to multiple electronic formats for
downloading:  Mathematica notebooks, pdf, ePub.  And you can read the
ePub version on-line, too.

The author has set up a web site mathematicacookbook.com that's
obviously just been born but promises to have additional "recipes".
Right now at its download page it does have some sample book content: a
chapter on data structures in Mathematica notebook format; the TOC and
Index in pdf format; and an xml file that's referenced in a recipe for
importing and manipulating XML data.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305