Re: Evaluate to...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109889] Re: Evaluate to...
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 06:45:58 -0400 (EDT)

Do you mean that you have one long notebook that is a sequence of
Input/Output cells?

Why not organized the notebook into major sections using Sectional Grouping
(just add Section cells)? Then you could easily select initial sectional
groups of cells to evaluate and then go into the section you are working on.
This isn't as precise as you are asking, but it might be convenient enough.

An opposite case that often occurs is to have sectional grouping and to be
able to enter a notebook and go to any section and start evaluating. You can
arrange this by having all necessary evaluations as Initialization cells,
possibility in a Routines section.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: Alessandro [mailto:alexxx.magni at gmail.com]

I don't know if it is available & I cannot find it...

Some notebooks I use are fairly large, and after starting Math I
usually evaluate them all.
Sometimes however I'd prefer to evaluate them up to a certain line, if
for example I have some problems at that point.
It would be useful to have a command similar to the "Run to the
cursor" facility used in many debuggers, in the form of "Evaluate to
the cursor".
Any hope?

alessandro