Re: Changing image from grey-scale to another

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109907] Re: Changing image from grey-scale to another
  • From: Patrick Scheibe <pscheibe at trm.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 00:41:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

zillion ways exist. One is to use ArrayPlot and change the
ColorFunction. Please check the option ColorFunctionScaling and all the
nice Color Schemes inside Mathematica too:

data = ImageData[ColorConvert[Import["http://img.diytrade.com/\
cdimg/186638/526363/0/1068053813/Mucy_Grey_Mystic_Grey_Gris_\
Jaspe.jpg"], "Grayscale"], "Byte"];

ArrayPlot[data, ColorFunction -> ColorData["BrightBands"]]

For large images this solution maybe not the best one.

Cheers,
Patrick

PS: If the link is destroyed through my/your email client, just import
any image.