Beginner question about Mathematica FinancialData

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113568] Beginner question about Mathematica FinancialData
  • From: Paul <paul.berger.phd at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 02:53:41 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I'm writing a J/Link Java program using data gathered  through
Mathematica's FinancialData.

I only found samples where FinancialData is returning the information
from one ticker.
As each ticker fetch takes about half a second to complete, is it
possible to build up a query to fetch a list of tickers in a single
transmisson and have the service return back a completed list (as e.g.
Google Finance) or do I have (as I suspect) to cycle ticker by ticker
to complete the task (not economical in I/O)?