command to save as .m file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113589] command to save as .m file
  • From: Sebastian <sebhofer at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 03:57:22 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I've been searching the newsgroup and the web for an answer for this,
but all the results were unsatisfactory:
Is there a way to save the currently opened .nb file to a .m file by
using a mathematica command and not the "Save as..." menu command?
Please note that I want _all_ the cells to be written to the m file,
not only the initialization cells. Even better would be a way to do
this on every save of the nb, but I have given up hope that such a
thing is possible. All this is part of my effort to find an effective
version control solution for my mathematica files.
TIA
Sebastian