FFT in mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113650] FFT in mathematica
  • From: Gazi Habiba Akter <gazihabiba02 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 04:59:21 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I don't understand how fft algorithm works.
but i have to solve a problem by Mathematica code .I am not math and
physics student it need my thesis work.
it will be ok if any body explain by a simple function.
.I tried to solve this problem using fourier transform in mathematica
directly but it does not work.I think i need to modify my function or
need to know how FFT works for my problem. Here is my code
ClearAll["Global'*"]
z = 0;
n = 100;
v1 = 0.5*(1 + Tanh[n*t]);
x = (2*t (1 + z))^0.5;
v2 = Hypergeometric1F1[.5, 1, -2 x];
v3 = Exp[x - t];
r1 = v1*v2*v3;
f = FourierTransform[r1, t, v];
w1 = InverseFourierTransform[f*Exp[z/2*(1 - I*v)], v, t]

I need the plot of w1 with respect to t for different value of Z. here
r1 is only for z=0.
it will be great for me if anybody help me.
Thanks,
rupa