Re: command to save as .m file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113786] Re: command to save as .m file
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 00:57:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I think that John has given a very good analysis of what the problems
with Mathematica notebooks in version control are.

> of package files.  In their case, the package file is the *primary* source file,
> not a secondary file generated by a conversion step.  But it doesn't preserve
> outputs, which you seem to be suggesting you're looking for.

I think that actually this is the same problem as with other generated
artifacts, but not on a file level: the output cells are obviously
generated, so I think the original poster might want to explain why he
wants the output cells to go the version control. Having that
information, maybe there are other ideas on how to deal with his
problems...

hth,

albert