Re: Mathematica 8

On 14/11/10 11:13, Raffy wrote:

> However, I'm still waiting for some low-level improvements.  I would
> kill for some of these:
>
> - packed arrays supporting Indeterminate, -Infinity, and Infinity
> (especially for JavaLink)

Of course, assuming you have a layer of compiled Java (i.e. you are not
just using J/Link to call library functions), a reasonable alternative
is to use ReplaceAll to replace the +/- inf values with some impossible
value (preferably a value with an exact binary representation), and then
swap the values back again using a loop in the Java.

David Bailey

http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk