Re: Mathematica 8 docs online now!

Sjoerd C. de Vries scriveva il 15-Nov-10 :
> Subject says it all: right now the doc pages of the new mathematica
> version 8 are online on the WRI reference section.

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/guide/SummaryOfNewFeaturesIn80.html

Lots and lots of new (and sometimes very advanced) stuff, but still -
to my knowledge (*) - no simple way to arrange a notebook's text and
input cells on multiple columns.
It seems that Mathematica can only have a simple linear layout,

|  text
|
|  formula
|
|  figure
|
|  text

like most books printed in 18xx and 19xx.

- Yes I'm aware one can create cumbersome tables and put text and
graphics in different columns. What Mathematica lacks (in my opinion, but maybe
I am the only one on Earth thinking that) is a New Kind of Layout.
Perhaps a new supercell structure that can accomodate multiple cells
(input, text, graphics...) in two or more (simply expandable) columns.

Just wishing.
Maybe the Front-end Gods will implement something like that in
Mathematica 14. :-]

Peltio

(*) I hope to be proved wrong.