Re: Mathematica 8 docs online now!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113922] Re: Mathematica 8 docs online now!
  • From: Gianluca Gorni <gianluca.gorni at uniud.it>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 07:04:54 -0500 (EST)

On 17/nov/2010, at 11.28, Armand Tamzarian wrote:

> On Nov 16, 10:13 pm, Oliver Ruebenkoenig <ruebe... at wolfram.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Peltio wrote:

>> Here is something you can try.
>>
>> Graphics -> New Graphics
>>
>> Open the drawing tools (Graphics->Drawing Tools)
>>
>> Select, for example the text insert. Write 1+1 into the Graphics, select
>> it an use Evaluation -> Evaluate in Place.
>>
>> Maye it is useful to you,
>> Oliver
>
> here's a video along those lines:
>
> http://www.wolfram.com/broadcast/screencasts/mathematicaasawhiteboard/

One feature of the whiteboard is that it resizes
in a different way from ordinary plots. If you control-drag
the edge, the insets do not resize. ImageSize does not
affect the insets, either. The only way I have found to get a uniform
scaling is to use Style[whiteboard, Magnification -> 1/2].

Is there a way to "burn in" the insets to the whiteboard so that
they resize together with the bounding box?

Gianluca Gorni