How to work with In?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113953] How to work with In?
  • From: kj <no.email at please.post>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 05:08:56 -0500 (EST)

I want to create a list consisting of the (unevaluated) expressions
that were entered in a particular subrange of the In array.  I.e.,
what I want is (almost) something like this:

Table[In[i], {i, 300, 375}]

except that this won't work, because each In[i] will be evaluated.
This also fails

Table[Hold[In[i]], {i, 300, 375}]

because now the i is not evaluated, so the result is a list of
multiple copies of the expression Hold[In[i]].

How can I do what I'm trying to do?

TIA!

~kj