elementary import

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg114085] elementary import
  • From: Francisco Gutierrez <fgutiers2002 at>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 05:58:48 -0500 (EST)

Dear group:
This is a very basic import question.
I've got this Excel spreadsheet, and to miantain my data ordered I have stored it in a drive different from C. It is called seg, and saved in drive J, in a folder called ejstat, so:  J:/ejstat
However, when I want to import it into Mathematica (7 or 8) I run into problems. For example:
Import["ejstat\seg.xls", "XLS"]
does not work.
I've tried other alternatives, to no avail. The solution must be irritatingly simple...
Can somebody help me?