Re: Mathematica 8 and Alpha integration....

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114091] Re: Mathematica 8 and Alpha integration....
  • From: Syd Geraghty <sydgeraghty at me.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 05:59:59 -0500 (EST)

I was helped out by Scott Kruger of WRI Tech Support. He got me to do a clean reinstall of Mathematica 8 and that corrected the free form input problems I had.

I am methodically running through some of the great new functions in 8. I will be reporting bugs to WRI and giving MathGroup a heads up to some of the more surprising bugs as I find them and hopefully find fixes.

I can crash my system spectacularly requiring a power down and reboot almost at will running Texture[] examples from the documentation even after the reinstall.

Cheers & thanks very much to Scott ....  Syd

Syd Geraghty B.Sc, M.Sc.

sydgeraghty at mac.com

Mathematica 8.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (November 6, 2010)
MacOS X V 10.6.5 Snow Leopard
MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo  2GB RAM