How to get coordinates needed to include all of graphics?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114211] How to get coordinates needed to include all of graphics?
  • From: Yaroslav Bulatov <yaroslavvb at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 03:36:54 -0500 (EST)

I'd like to get the same result as Show[g], but with all graphics
positioning options explicitly specified, how do I get those
positions? The reason for this is that I need precise control over
relative scale of regular and absolute coordinates, but keep the
cropping box used by Show by default.

I looked into AbsoluteOptions, but some of the values they return are
still "Automatic" , and furthermore, matching options of two graphics
objects doesn't match their appearance, as you can see below

g = Graphics[{Thickness[1], CapForm["Round"], Line[{{0, 0}, {1,
1}}]}];
Show[g];
Show[g, Sequence @@ AbsoluteOptions[g]]