Re: suggestions for version control or backup systems?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg112894] Re: suggestions for version control or backup systems?
- From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
- Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 05:33:58 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
Hi, > I've been searching for a way to keep my nb-files in a version control > or backup system for a while now. At the moment I'm using bzr but I'm > not satified with it, as I managed to screw up my repository 2 times > now. I'm considering to move to git or mercurial as they may be more > suited to handle binary files. > Does anyone have any suggestions? How do you all handle your notebook > files? I've been using subversion and mercurial, no screwed up repositories or anything really bad happend to me with either of them. But I usually only put relatively small notebooks with deleted output cells into version control, so your milage might vary... hth, albert