Re: Function argument types

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg112960] Re: Function argument types
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 03:39:16 -0400 (EDT)

_h is a pattern for an expression with head h

pattern?test applies a function test to the whole expression matched by pattern to determine whether there is a match.

You would need to use f[n_?IntegerQ] rather than what you wrote.

Bob Hanlon

---- Sam Takoy <sam.takoy at> wrote:

I can't see to find the answer to this basic question:

What's the difference between

I would be happy to read more about this, but what's the keyword?