evaluation of a non-visible dynamic[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113166] evaluation of a non-visible dynamic[]
  • From: AlexG <alexander.gurfinkel at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 13:11:16 -0400 (EDT)

Does anybody know?

I like the way dynamic works asynchronously with the rest of my code.
The problem is, it only works when the output of the dynamic[]
function call is visible on the screen. Is there some way I can
programmatically tell dynamic when start and stop updating? If there
is, I will be VERY happy!

Much Appreciation,
--Alex Gurfinkel