Library Archive webpage

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113171] Library Archive webpage
  • From: "P. Fonseca" <public at fonseca.info>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 13:12:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

English is not my first language, and this subject is hard for me to
express, I hope you can all understand my wishes...

Wolfram site keeps revamping old "portals". The latest was the Journal page.

Do you also think, like me, that they need to do the same to the
Library Archive page, to bring it to the 21st century?

I'm always finding out new packages or toolbars that existed forever.
I think there should be a page like for example the one firefox has
for the add-ons.

A place where one could easily find what user packages or toolbars
exist (or just small useful functions that aren't really full
packages), with the information if it is free or not, when was the
last revision done (it's alive or not) and in what M version it has
been tested.

In conjunction with this (as also happens with other softwares), there
could be some kind of gathering of packages and toolbars. A one zip
file that would put together several free packages and toolbars
(avoiding the need to go search for each one).

Does this seems a good idea?
Pedro