- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg113324] Re: FunctionQ?
- From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
- Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 07:07:57 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: nma at 12000.org
On 10/21/2010 10:37 PM, Sam Takoy wrote: > Hi, > > How does one tell whether a variable is a function? one way, for Mathematica functions: isFunction[name_String]:=If[Length[SyntaxInformation[Symbol[name]]]>0,True,False] isFunction["Plot"] True isFunction["LinearSolve"] True isFunction["mikeyMouse"] False isFunction["Joined"] False For the rest may be ? and ?? can be of help. > More specifically, how does one tell whether a variable is a function of > two arguments? > Finally, how does one tell whether a variable is a function of two > arguments that returns an array? > > Many thanks in advance, > > Sam > --Nasser