Mac OS request

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113469] Mac OS request
  • From: Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at me.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 04:36:41 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to create a keyboard shortcut to quit the kernel on the Mac (10.6.4) but this is not possible because the name of the menu item "Local"  appears both in Evaluation>Quit Kernel>Local and in Evaluation>Start Kernel>Local (Mac shortcuts can be defined only for menu items with unique names).

Could we, Mac users,  please have this fixed in the next edition? Alternatively, could Mathematica define such a shortcut for us? I find it annoying that I have to go to a sub-menu to quit the kernel, and even then, to have to confirm that, yes, I want the kernel to quit. That's way too many mouse clicks...

Thanks!

Themis